save the children
Save the Children is a UK based charity with the vision of attaining the rights, survival and protection of children all over the world. Last year alone the charity helped 7.8 million children and raised a total of £291.5 million.
• Working across third world countries and conflict zones, the charity sought to implement an Internet-based communication tool which would deliver a cost-effective and accessible means of collaboration for employees, volunteers and partner agencies around the globe.
• To identify the business case, threats and define a roadmap for secure deployment, that mitigates risk to the charity’s people, processes and technology.
An assessment of the collaboration tool and its use; measuring the criticality of the charity’s data estate, network and security infrastructure and usage scenarios, and mapping this across the impact of the new technology
• A report complete with risk assessment, best practice for protecting data, network architecture changes and enforced security measures to prevent breaches and advice on an acceptable usage policy
• Objective and professional consultancy services that developed a clear roadmap for adopting secure global collaboration tools
• Confidence that new IM and communication tools would not impact the integrity of the organisation’s data
or increase the threat of internal leakage and external attack.